Sunday, March 22, 2009

Paths of Glory



I just finished reading 'Paths of Glory' by 'Jeffrey Archer' and liked it. I wanted to share my experience and some information about the book with my readers.


'Paths of Glory' is not the usual Jeffrey Archer novel which depicts a ruthless rivalry between two people. It's a story of a man who attempted to climb the Mount Everest in the 1920s. Although there is some rivalry between the protagonist of the novel and another person, it is very healthy. I am not going to write whether he was able to achieve it or not. For that you need to read the novel.


What the novel does is present before the readers how ambition can drive a man to do anything irrespective of the risks it involves. It also shows how our decisions affect others around us and the kind of sacrifices they have to make for us to pursue our ambition.


I have always been fascinated by books and movies which ask us to pursue our dreams. Though this book didn't try and do so, it certainly had its elements. It doesn't have breaknech speed narrative and is pretty easy to read. Do try it.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I've actually very recently discovered my love for reading. So will put this on my list. Am currently reading "Cold Steel". But the problem is, with so many other priorities, it takes me almost 3 months to finish one book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appears to be interesting..Thnx for sharing..

    Even I continue to be fascinated with inspirational films n books..

    I am eagerly looking foward to Advaita Kala's 'Almost single'..Someone recommended recently..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rakesh - At least you finish a book in 3 months...in my case most of the books are left mid-way...my reading habits have suffered since I became a movie addict. BTW your blog shows you reading The Kite Runner.

    @ Swats - I have at least 15 books on my shelf which need to be read...don't know when I will be able to read all of them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup will change it, just finished Kite Runner in 1 month straight... Coz. wife and kid aren't here. he he

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i ve read Jeffery Archeres The prison diary.. Still havent completed it... i might go for this one next..


    Read poems

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ workhard - thanks for dropping by...and sorry for being so late in replying...was extremely busy...i haven't read any of the prison diaries but that's on my to read list...have read all of the other Archer novels and just love his style of writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across a very good offer and thought of letting all their fans know. This book is sold at Rs 99 at hindglobal.in. Got a good deal for this lovely book

    ReplyDelete