Monday, May 4, 2009

Nostalgia

Today I was chatting with a friend from campus and nostalgia engulfed me. How I longed to meet him and re-live those moments. Some of the good times we had had include those daaru parties when we would get extremely drunk and danced chanting langda tyaagi bahubali and what not, those petty fights, helping each other with studies, watching cricket together and abusing the hell out of the cricketers, late night visits to the canteen, playing Counter Strike among others. How I wished I was in India so that I could go and meet some of those guys with whom I had spent 2 of the best years of my life. Alas, my quest for money and success has a price!

Let me try and describe some of these characters:

D - An IITian from Bihar, most of whose sentences would start with M^&%%^$#%. An extremely brilliant chap with equal proficiency in academics and P***. He never had a glass of drink for he would always gulp, straight from the bottle.

P - Another IITian who spent hours everyday watching P***. My mistake was always asking him what he was up to! Understood everything in first reading. Spent at least 2 hours playing soccer everyday and still cracked amazing grades. He was always after the ar** of the next guy in this post, of course jokingly :)

S - My neighbour and my partner in crime as far as Counter Strike was concerned. We spent hours playing the game with others on campus. As someone rightly said that in the wee hours of the night a noise emanated from his room while he played CS; noise which upon closely observing would tell you that some poor fellow's ancestors were being dragged out of hell to be subjected to very colourful language.

Sc - The typical Gult who had no passion in life but to get a job in Hyderabad. Political and cricket database who could recount any record or any match details at the blink of an eye.

Ph - The guy who was surrounded by a huge group of girls but none as girlfriend. Loved to play loud music. He never took any sh** from anybody, not even the most dreaded profs on campus.

CC - The farmer who had the body of a dwarf but would make a fox run for shelter with his cunningness. He was the guy most of us fought with the most. He was so irritating that he was called ChamanC (As per him C stood for Champion).

Yours truly - The lone CA in the dorm who was supposed to know everything under the sun relating to accounting. Developed a very bad illness known as moviemania. There were times when I saw 4-5 movies in a day. I loved to host a lot of daaru parties for my friends group.

There were a few others as well. That's it for now or else I will never be able to reach office at 6:30 tomorrow for the beginning of a very rough 4-5 days...

8 comments:

  1. hehehheheheh
    amazing description :)
    yeah..v often look back at those fun days.. I wish i cud rewind my college life :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's it with CAs and Movies and hosting Daru parties? Looks like we have more things in common...

    Did I post this earlier?

    Btw, say Cube yesterday and I thought it was OK. Remember the Saw movie where 5 people together go from 1 room to another sacrifising people 1 by 1 and at the end, they realise they needed all 5 to actually get out alive... That was an amazing movie I thought.

    Cube didn't seem to have any purpose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Swats - :)

    @ Rakesh - hahahaha...surely seems like we have a lot in common...

    Yeah Cube is ok...nothing great...but I found it exciting...the original 2 SAW movies were awesome...after that they have lost the plot and are just making traps...though I still continue to watch all of the parts...

    I can see that you've been churning out movies at a great speed :)
    What did you think of Hotel Rwanda and The Lives of Others...I absolutely loved both of them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice way of introducing your partners in crime :)

    And its great to hear another CA who is also a movie buff... Well now I can tell someone there are other CAs who r movie maniac like me..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Suresh - I interpret it as you saying that you too are a CA and a movie-buff...right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hotel Rwanda was absolutely shocking and The Lives of Others is a sure classic... But actually, I liked The Last King of Scotland more than both of these amazing movies...

    And see I told you - One more - Suresh Kumar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Rakesh - I am yet to see The Last King of Scotland...will see it soon...

    BTW I have taken your idea of putting pictures of movies on the blog a little further by providing a one line opinion as caption...

    Suresh didn't say that he hosted daaru parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes.... I am a CA and a serious movie buff... But No.... I never hosted any daaru parties...:)

    ReplyDelete